The mission of the Coalition for Horse Racing Integrity is the adoption of a national, uniform standard for drugs and medication in horse racing. USADA is the only rule-making, testing, and enforcement body with the independent and science-based expertise necessary to act in the best interest of the sport, its human and equine participants and its fans. As a result, the coalition supports the bipartisan Horseracing Integrity Act, which addresses this pressing need.
Coalition members include:
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) - The ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of animal rescue, adoption and welfare and has worked tirelessly for more than 150 years to put an end to animal abuse and neglect.
- Animal Welfare Institute (AWI) - The Animal Welfare Institute is a national, nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1951, dedicated to alleviating the suffering inflicted on animals by humans. AWI engages policymakers, scientists, industry professionals, non-governmental organizations, farmers, veterinarians, teachers, and the public in its broad animal protection mission, and has been instrumental in the passage of landmark legislation protecting animals.
- Animal Wellness Action - Animal Wellness Action is a Washington, D.C.-based organization with a mission of helping animals by promoting legal standards forbidding cruelty.
- Arapahoe Park - Arapahoe Park is owned and operated by Mile High Racing and Entertaining, hosts Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse, and Arabian horse racing in Aurora, Colorado.
- The Breeders' Cup - The Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships. The Breeders’ Cup also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, which provides automatic starting positions into the Championships races.
- Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association - The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA) is the trade group for buyers and sellers of racehorses in the U.S. The CBA represents the top 20 consignors and an overwhelming majority of breeders and consignors who sell at public auction in Kentucky.
- The Humane Society of the United States - The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization. It provides hands-on care and services to more than 100,000 animals each year, and professionalizes the field through education and training for local organizations. The Humane Society is the leading animal advocacy organization in the country, seeking a humane world for people and animals alike.
- Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association - The Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMA) was formed as a home for veterinary professionals who want to engage in direct care programs for animals in need and educate the public and others in the profession about animal welfare issues.
- The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities - The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA) is an international organization that promotes proper regulation and best practices on international horse racing matters. The organization produces the International Agreement on Breeding, Racing and Wagering, a voluntary agreement designed for use by recognized racing and breeding authorizes, as well as statistics concerning breeding, racing and betting.
- The Jockey Club - The Jockey Club is the breed registry for Thoroughbred horses in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. It is dedicated to the improvement of Thoroughbred breeding and racing and fulfills that mandate by serving many segments of the industry through its subsidiary companies and by supporting numerous industry initiatives.
- The Jockey Club of Canada - The Jockey Club of Canada is the national organization that speaks for Canadian racing and breeding. It is dedicated to improving and promoting the quality of the raising, breeding and racing of Thoroughbred horses in Canada.
- Jockeys' Guild - The Jockeys' Guild represents professional jockeys in Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing in the United States and has approximately 1,270 members, including active, retired and disabled jockeys.
- Keeneland Association, Inc. - Keeneland Association, Inc. is comprised of the Keeneland Racecourse, a Thoroughbred horse racing facility which hosts the nation’s top Thoroughbred owners, trainers and jockeys each April and October, and the world's largest auction house, both in Lexington, Ky.
- The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders - The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association (KTA) and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders (KTOB) are a horseman’s group and trade association representing the Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry in Kentucky, which is the biggest producer of Thoroughbred foals in the world - responsible for 34 percent of the U.S. foal crop, the largest concentration of stallions, veterinary practices and breeding farms.
- Meadowlands Racetrack, Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs - Meadowlands Racetrack is a horse racing track at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, that hosts both Thoroughbred racing and harness racing. Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs are standardbred, harness and simulcast racing and gaming facilities in Nichols and Vernon, New York, respectively.
- Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association - Based in Lexington, Kentucky, the Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association (TOBA) is a national trade organization for Thoroughbred owners and breeders. TOBA's mission is to improve the economics, integrity and pleasure of the sport on behalf of Thoroughbred owners and breeders.
- United States Harness Racing Alumni Association - The mission of the US Harness Racing Alumni Association is to enhanced promotion of the sport; passage of legislation impacting equines and racing; and, after-racing best practices and support of Standardbreds.
- Water Hay Oats Alliance - The Water, Hay, Oats Alliance - The Water Hay Oats Alliance (WHOA) is a grassroots movement of like-minded individuals who support the passage of federal legislation to prohibit the use of performance-enhancing drugs in the sport of horse racing. We encourage you to visit WHOA’s website and sign up to support WHOA’s efforts.
We hope that you will consider making a donation to the Coalition for Horse Racing Integrity and help us advance our efforts toward clean racing.